The Student Council exists to promote civic responsibility and leadership among our students. The Council serves two distinct purposes: legislation and service.
The legislative purpose of the Student Council is as follows:
• To represent the interests of the entire student body.
• To review and respond to feedback from the student body.
• To liaise with the school administration and/or School Committee, when it becomes necessary for student issues to be addressed at a higher level.
• To create committees within the Council when it becomes necessary to specific goals .
The service purpose of the Student Council is as follows:
• To provide aid to students, the school and the community.
• To host school and class activities which include, but are not limited to; pep rallies, dances and teacher appreciation.
• To sponsor a number of community service activities, in a manner which brings the school and community closer together.
• To create an atmosphere that promotes student involvement in the council and other student organisations at Learning Alliance.