DP was established in the 1960s and is a highly respected qualification that has prepared students for the rigours of university life for the past 50 years. Today; worldwide, the DP provides a well-established and globally renowned education for 16-19 year olds. It is a viable and well reputed alternative to the more main stream A Level programmes available.
The IB’s goal is to empower students to flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically; have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge; and explore the nature of knowledge itself. The programme combines traditional academic disciplines across six subject groups with a ‘core’ made up of three areas that produce students who are better equipped for university and beyond.
Subjects offered for Examination in 2019:
|Group 1:||Group 2||Group 3||Group 4||Group 5||Group 6|
|Studies in Language
|Language Acquisition||Individuals and Societies||Sciences||Mathematics||The Arts|
|English A: Language
|French ab initio||Business Management
Information Technology in
a Global Society
|Analysis and Approaches
Applications and Interpretations
In addition to the above subjects the Learning Alliance International DP students have to complete:
- A 100 hour course in Theory of Knowledge
- A > 4000 word Extended Essay
- A challenging and enjoyable Creativity, Activity and Serviceexperience
Why should students choose DP?
- Students are required to take a more rigorous course of study, encompassing six subject disciplines. This allows students the opportunity to study subjects in greater depth and identify their true aptitude and career choices.
- Students find it easier to score 35 points in the DP. This score is equivalent to two A* and one A in the A Level.
- A combination of Internal and External Assessments allow students to showcase their knowledge and skill without feeling the pressure to perform in a single examination cycle.
DP students tend to be strong in:
- Student Leadership Activities
- Finding opportunities to study in other countries
- Tutoring other students
- Taking part in voluntary community service
- Completing internships